Helping you Run your best 5k
Here you will find our FREE 5k training programs.
To run your best 5k race you need a strong foundation of aerobic endurance, speed, and the motivation and willingness to push yourself hard during training and during the race itself. In all of these programs you will find a combination of threshold running, hill work, intervals, speed work and longer endurance sessions, all designed to get you in the best possible shape come race day.
We have combined our base phase for 5 and 10k runners together, since the non-specific training you do during the base phase is very similar for both these events. We recommend starting with at least some base training before starting your 10 week Race Preparation Program in order to prepare your body for the harder workouts you will encounter.
These programs consist of what we believe to be key sessions for most 5K runners, along with the right amount of overall mileage, however, you can of course adjust the workouts and amount of mileage as you see fit.
As with all our programs, we highly recommend reading our Training Program Notes before getting started
10 Week Base Training Programs For 5 & 10K Runners
These Base Training Programs are designed to prepare your body (and mind) for the harder specific workouts that you will encounter in the Race Preparation phase. You can read more about base training in the Program Notes.
10 Week Race Preparation Programs For 5K Runners
These Race Preparation programs are designed to challenge you in the same way you will be challenged on race day by introducing some workouts at your 5K race pace, including hard intervals and speed work.
Personalised Training Programs & One-to-One Coaching
Looking for a personal online running coach? Someone who will:
- Motivate you
- Design you a personalised training program that is specific to your goals, training history and daily commitments
- Help you plan your races and training cycles
- Be contactable at any time to offer advice and feedback
- Answer any questions you have about your training/racing
- Help you with all aspects of your training, including strength & conditioning, gym training, diet, mental aspects of training, race day performance and anything else that will help you become a better runner
Get in touch with us now and start your journey towards faster running: